SCHOOL BUS TRANSPORTATION - COVID-19 GUIDELINES
- Students in ELP, K and grades 1-12 are required to wear a mask unless they have an exemption.
- Parents and children/students should not be in the pick-up area or enter the bus if they have symptoms of COVID-19. Drivers will be provided with a protective zone.
- Our service provider, Southland Transportation, will provide clear expectations to families around school bus behavior.
- Students will be assigned seats and a record of this seating plan will be maintained. Students who live in the same household may be seated together. Student rider attendance will be recorded.
- Schools will develop procedures for student loading, unloading and transfers that support physical distancing when possible.
- If a student becomes ill or presents COVID-19 symptoms en route to school, upon arrival, the student will move directly to the isolation space and arrangements will be made for pick up. If a child becomes symptomatic while waiting for the bus, unless the parent is present, no student will be denied access onto the bus.
- If a driver becomes aware of a child that is symptomatic after school, the child will not be permitted access onto the bus. The driver will communicate with the school to get the child home safely and as soon as possible.
- Busses will be sanitized after every trip to prepare for the next cohort.
Physically distancing on school buses is the most challenging place for us to support physical distancing and respiratory hygiene.
We encourage families, where possible, to drive children to school or have them walk/ride their bikes.